Days of Awe 2018: The Complete Schedule
Download Days of Awe 5779-schedule
Join Rabbi Lisa Edwards & Cantor Juval Porat as we prepare our souls and our Torah scrolls for the Days of Awe through music, personal reflection, and prayer. Make your own spice bag for Havdalah as we gently reflect on the choices we made in 5778, and contemplate 5779.
Saturday September 1, 2018 7-9pm
Leil Selichot – at BCC
Sunday September 9, 2018 7:15-10pm
Erev Rosh Hashanah (Oneg after services) – at Temple Isaiah*
Monday September 10, 2018 9:30am-12:30pm
Rosh Hashanah, 1st Day – at Temple Isaiah*
RH Catered Luncheon will be served 12:30-2:30pm
Tuesday September 11, 2018 10:00am-2:00pm
Rosh Hashanah, 2nd Day – at BCC
4:30-5:30pm Tashlich – at Santa Monica Beach
6–8pm Community Dinner – at the home of Allison Diamant
Friday September 14, 2018 8-9:30pm
Shabbat Shuvah – at BCC
Tuesday September 18, 2018 7:15-10pm
Kol Nidre – at Temple Isaiah*
Wednesday September 19, 2018 9:30am-7:30pm
Yom Kippur – at Temple Isaiah*
Sunday September 23, 2018 6-9pm
Erev Sukkot & Potluck – at BCC
Friday September 28, 2018 8-9:30pm
Ruach Chayim Shabbat Service – at BCC
Saturday September 29, 2018 3-5pm
Sukkot – at BCC
Monday October 1, 2018 6-8pm
Simchat Torah – at BCC
• Temple Isaiah Address & Parking Information: Located at 10345 W. Pico Blvd, LA, CA 90064, near Beverly Glen. Street parking available. Parking restrictions lifted, except during rush hour. On-site parking at Temple Isaiah available by request for people with special needs. Email email@example.com.
• All Families Welcome: Come meet BCC’s new Director of Education, Rae Antonoff. Enjoy fun family services starting with our whole community, then as a community of youth & families for our own prayer & song experience. For child-care with Miss Purple, see Child Care Registration Form.
• Students & New Members: Special ticket prices available to students. New members can have the cost of their High Holy Days tickets applied to their 5779 (2018-2019) membership contribution.
• Ticketing Requirements: All attendees, including members, must have tickets. All reservations (tickets, RH luncheon, Tashlich dinner, child care registration, etc.), must be submitted by Tues., Sept. 4 at 5 pm. We will have your tickets for you at the Will Call Table when you arrive at Temple Isaiah.
• RH 1st Day Catered Luncheon: Vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free options available. Tickets are available for $32 (members) and $38 (for non-members).
• Annual Pushke Drive: This year, your tzedekah will go to help the homeless. Pushkes available at BCC.
• SOVA Food Drive: Grocery bags and giving lists available on Rosh Hashanah for drop off on Yom Kippur.
Nearly every day finds our sanctuary filling with music, our computers filling with poetry and prayer and thoughts, and our hearts filling with the invitation of this season — the opportunity to reflect on our lives, to make changes, to return to our own selves, to become the people we want to be, God wants us to be. These days are meant to be a journey, some of it taken together (we love it when all of us gather at Tashlich, for example, at the Santa Monica Beach next to Parking Lot 5S off Barnard Way), and some taken alone (the blessing of self-reflection). We look forward to beginning a new year in your good company.
|Saturday, Sept. 1||7:00 pm – 9:00 pm||Leil Selichot||BCC|
|Sunday, Sept. 9||7:15 pm – 10:00 pm||Erev Rosh Hashanah
Oneg after services
|Monday, Sept. 10||9:30 am – 12:30 pm
12:30 pm – 2:30 pm
|Rosh Hashanah, 1st Day
RH Catered Luncheon
|Tuesday, Sept. 11||10:00 am – 2:00 pm
4:30 pm – 5:30 pm
6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
|Rosh Hashanah, 2nd Day
Santa Monica Beach
Home of Allison Diamant
|Friday, Sept. 14||8:00 pm – 9:30 pm||Shabbat Shuvah||BCC|
|Tuesday, Sept. 18||7:15 pm – 10:00 pm||Kol Nidre||Temple Isaiah|
|Wednesday, Sept. 19||9:30 am – 7:30 pm
9:30 am – 1:30 pm
1:30 pm – 3:00 pm
3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
5:00 pm – 5:30 pm
5:30 pm – 6:20 pm
6:20 pm – 7:30 pm
Reading of the memorial names
|Sunday, Sept. 23||6:00 pm – 9:00 pm||Erev Sukkot & Potluck||BCC|
|Friday, Sept. 28||8:00 pm – 9:30 pm||Ruach Chayim||BCC|
|Saturday, Sept. 29||3:00 pm – 5:00 pm||Sukkot/Simchat Torapalooza||BCC|
|Monday, Oct. 1||6:00 pm – 8:00 pm||Simchat Torah||BCC|
For a printable schedule of the BCC Days of Awe from Selichot through Simchat Torah, click here.