Richard Lesse, President
The BCC leadership has organized a “Listening Tour” designed to elicit input from BCC members in advance of the synagogue’s search for a successor to Rabbi Lisa Edwards. Details of the dates, times, and locations of the Listening Tour sessions are listed below.
Each session will take the form of an intimate story circle, using a structured format in order to ensure that everyone can participate and be heard. Help us strengthen the BCC community and plan for the future by participating in one of our Listening Tour sessions. At the session you will have an opportunity to:
- Share stories about your experiences at BCC;
- Hear other people’s stories and learn what matters most to people about our shared community;
- Connect with other BCC congregants and help strengthen our ties with one another;
- Help identify the priorities for BCC moving forward.
Here are the details on the sessions to be offered:
- May 20, 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m., at BCC, facilitated by Shifra Teitelbaum
- June 2, 10:00 a.m. – A session for Ohr Chayim parents
- June 17, 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m., at BCC, facilitated by BCC member Everlyn Hunter, and designed for people of color
- June 17, 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m., video conference, facilitated by BCC member Josh Gershick, and designed for those who live far from Los Angeles
- June 24, 10:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m., at BCC, facilitated by BCC member Davi Cheng
- July 1, 2:00 p.m. – 3:30 p.m., at the home of BCC members Josh Gershick and Elissa Barrett (North Hollywood)
- July 12, 2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m., facilitated by BCC member Ginger Jacobs, at her home in the Valley
Please complete the Google form HERE in order to reserve your spot at the session of your choice. In order to make this an effective experience, meeting size will be capped at 12, with a minimum size of 4.