Apply for Membership
Want to be a member? Here are the steps:
- Email or drop off the BCC Membership Application Form with our Executive Director, Rabbi Jonathan Klein.
- We will then contact you to discuss your membership contribution, tailored to your personal circumstances. The form and description can be found here.
- Email or drop off your completed contribution form with Rabbi Klein.
- After you have sent us both the application and contribution form, the BCC Board of Directors will formally receive your membership to BCC at their next monthly meeting.
We look forward to welcoming you! Your participation in BCC’s historical narrative will be greatly rewarded by fond friendships and the building of a resilient LGBT Jewish Community. Questions? Please contact Executive Director Rabbi Jonathan Klein at the office at 323-931-7023, extension 203, or e-mail Mark Homyk, Membership Committee Chair.
Full time Students or those under 30 years-old
Please fill out the BCC Membership Application Form, following the steps above. If you qualify for the “Full-Time Student/Under 30” membership, you will receive a substantial discount in membership.
Affiliate membership allows those who want to belong to BCC but already have full membership in another synagogue, or are parents, siblings, other relatives or friends of BCC members who would like to support BCC’s mission, out of solidarity and love to join us. Affiliate members will:
- Receive BCC emailed bulletins full of events and programs as well as our bimonthly newsletter, G’vanim.
- Receive member announcements regarding congregational matters.
- Be able to attend High Holy Days services with us by using tickets from your primary synagogue. Just show us your tickets at any of our services.
- Be welcomed into our progressive Jewish community.
- Be eligible for additional discounted High Holy Days tickets.
Affiliate Membership is $250 yearly. Click Here to Download the Affiliate Membership Application.
Mitzvah Circle Recognition
Joining the Mitzvah Circle at any level will help ensure that BCC is accessible to all people regardless of income. Mitzvah Circle participants receive the following:
Chaverim (Friends): Foundation contribution level* plus $500
Mitzvah Circle plaque recognition at BCC
Acknowledgement in Days of Awe program book and G’vanim newsletter
Mitzvah Circle Reception hosted by BCC Clergy
Tormim (Contributors): Foundation contribution level* plus $1,000
All the perks listed under Chaverim (Friends), plus
Two complimentary memorials in Days of Awe Yizkor Book
Tomchim (Supporters): Foundation contribution level* plus $2,500
All the perks listed under Tormim (Contributors), plus
One complimentary guest ticket for Days of Awe
Bonim (Builders): Foundation contribution level* plus $5,000
All the perks listed under Tomchim (Supporters), plus
Four complimentary memorials in Days of Awe Yizkor Book
Two complimentary guest tickets for Days of Awe
Gift of a book selected and signed by our rabbi
Shomrim (Guardians): Foundation contribution level* plus $7,500
All the perks listed under Bonim (Builders), plus
Six complimentary memorials in Days of Awe Yizkor Book
Four complimentary guest tickets for Days of Awe
One complimentary Shabbat oneg honor opportunity
*$1,645 for Individual Adult Households and $2,455 for Two-Adult Households
2 Comments on “Apply for Membership”
Michael Becker July 17, 2019 pm31 10:56 pm .
Application for affiliate membership
Laura Eisenberg September 25, 2017 pm30 4:25 pm .
Is there any connection to the GLBT Unity Church in Normal Heights or the, (even better) San Diego Calvary church.
I found Calvary to be most accepting of Judaic comparability as well as acceptance of ritual.